Sunday, December 06, 2009

Newer, faster, more monopolistic

The Land of Topiary has bought a super-cool dual-core gigabyte whatsis which came with Windows 7. Thank you to Craig's list for making the meetup with the guy in the parking lot possible, and a really cool machine affordable.

What gripes Topiary is how, with any movement of the mouse, the stupid Microsoftie "Bing" search engine brings up an annoying little window filled with facts and links you don't want to follow.

Just to show how completely out-of-touch Microsoft and the Bing-creating slaves are, they didn't even create an image of their product for the web. Thus the above reference to the late great Bing Crosby. By contrast, about a million images of Google are available.


Yet Bing presumes to link to crap as if we were incapable of finding it ourselves. And in a sneaky way also pushing their ulterior motives and whatever they're selling.

Mutter, mutter. Click.

Moo!

8 Comments:

Blogger Karen ^..^ said...

I feel your pain. It is quite intrusive.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Buh-buh-buh-boo!

10:47 AM  
Blogger watercolordaisy said...

heh. luvs my xp.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Kevin Musgrove said...

Yet another reason for me to hang onto XP despite each new "small security update" adding a ton of bloatware to my hard disk.

Every time I move to a new Microsoft product I end up spending weeks switching off the unwanted "features."

3:33 PM  
Blogger I Hate to Weight said...

Mr. Crosby here's product would NOT work for me. i had an intrusive and bossy mother and that was quite enough for me, thank you very much

8:53 PM  
Blogger linda said...

We have BING on our regular page and I hate it.

10:41 PM  
Blogger raydenzel1 said...

I use the MSN home page. There is a settings section tab to remove auto suggest. I also have now a shiny new laptop my daughter bought us with windows 7. very fast, am very happy.

search, however, is a constant battle for our attention in which we are winners and losers no matter what we do.

7:14 AM  
Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

Karen: thank you. (feeling pain)

Gorilla: bippity-bop!

Watercolor: yes. you are smart! :)

Kevin: also some things don't install well on 7 that worked fine on xp. The old ways are best.

Weight: great parallel. Methinks Bill Gates IS the bossy intrusive mother, except he also wants our money.

Linda: Yes, Google is the way to go. Hate this Microsoft monopoly crrap.

RJ: your laptop sounds nice. Search engines, bleah.

Moo!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home