Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We can has snoop?

Big meeting with Ad Guys. Who had a spiffy presentation (using SlideRocket) about Targeting, Optimization and Accountability.

Who rolled around terms such as keyword density models, backlink acquisition, and site re-targeting. Landing page re-direction was covered. The expense of good search engine optimization was discussed.

All this meaning, they have more and better ways of finding you to sell you exactly the thing you didn't know you wanted or needed, but it will cost you.

Cow mooing softly in remembrance of the Good Old Days when the Internet was a nifty way to exchange information instead of just one more way to invade your privacy to unlock your wallet.

Moo!

4 Comments:

Blogger raydenzel1 said...

I just show them my empty pockets and....they run away!

8:23 PM  
Blogger linda said...

If I think too much about it I might cry.

5:28 AM  
Blogger kate said...

I would love to see the day when I'm not bombarded by an ad everywhere I go, but alas, such is life.

6:58 PM  
Blogger watercolordaisy said...

Just applying the store layout psychology already in play for centuries to the new "shop." sigh. Why else do you think you can't walk a straight line through a store from one side to the other? Always some jiggy jogs. And the most bought things are NEVER together. On purpose.

I tend to buy less when I shop on the internet. No guilt when I delete things from my cart. No guilt when I say aw forget it and just close the whole thing down. lol!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home