Monday, August 24, 2009

Incredibly Boring Basterds

This scene is toooo long. And so is the next one. And Brad Pitt, strutting ego-maniacally with a really funky accent, can no longer act his way out of his international jet-set pot-smoker real-life persona.

Tarantino is being called a genius for this overly long re-write of WW2, where, typically, Hitler is seen as an easily-fooled buffoon, and the Jews win. Where 1980's pop titles interfere with the 1940's movie setting.

Cow admits she didn't even stay till the end. Predicatable, boring, movies which telegraph the end of the scene long, long minutes before it arrives. Blah.

Moo!

8 Comments:

Blogger raydenzel1 said...

moo
I never was caught up in the hype of the director.
The trailer convinced me to save my money. You did the right thing by mooving on.

8:44 AM  
Blogger kate said...

I, too, was never a Tarantino fan, too violent for me. But an NPR review tempted me, I haven't seen it yet, and probably won't in the theater since a night out at the movies turns into an investment once you add in the babysitter.

Perhaps I will netflix it someday, I have a feeling I will agree with you though. thanks for the warning!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Lulu LaBonne said...

Sorry you had a wasted evening Mrs Cow. I'm off to see Sin Nombre tomorrow - hope it's better than the basterds

4:37 PM  
Blogger watercolordaisy said...

Yeah, not a Tarantino fan, either.

Did see Pheobe in Wonderland via netflix this weekend and it was lovely.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Did you see Downfall, Ms Cow? That was a better film about Hitler. Tarantino is a bore once you've seen all his tricks.

5:52 AM  
Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

RJ: afraid you are right...

Kate: it might be worth a netflix but definitely not worth the babysitter!

Lulu: Sin nombre has got to be better!

Watercolor: must look this up, hadn't heard of Phoebe...

Gorilla: Welcome back from your vacation! Agree, Tarantino is a one-trick pony.

Moo!

2:13 PM  
Blogger linda said...

I have never thought Brad Pitt could act. He is boring. In fact, I have never watched a movie with him in it except maybe that one with the two gals who drove the car across somewhere.

But he does do nice things for charity.

5:30 AM  
Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

Linda,
You are right, he does seem to want to make a difference in the world, which excuses a lot of bad acting.

Moo!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home