Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quantum of Friday Night

Okay, Cow has seen Quantum of Solace twice. And she's thinking of catching the Saturday matinee in a few minutes, so this will be short.

Why do married couples come in 15 minutes late, talk to each other through the movie and noisily rustle their brought-from-home bags of food?

And why do people think the light from their phones as they text won't be visible to anybody but them?

On to the moovie.

Funny. Brisk. Kind of low on exotic scenery this time around. But interestingly, Ooona Chaplin has a part in it, which Cow missed the first two times. So, she's returning to try to catch that this time. Also, why they dressed Daniel Craig in the world's dorkiest outfit (white jeans and black shirt) is beyond her. But other than that, worth waiting for. And worth seeing again.

Moo!

10 Comments:

Blogger watercolordaisy said...

oooooooooo!!! I definitely need to see!!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the black shirt was to visually minimize padding over his stiches from the surgery to repair the rotator cuff he tore shooting the flick. Maybe they wanted to draw your attention..... downward.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Ah Ms Cow, I can tell you're a sucker for all those English accents. It's the only explanation for you watching the movie twice.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Kevin Musgrove said...

I still don't understand why people pay good money to go to entertainments and then spend the whole time playing with their mobile phones. Similarly, what's so intensely important that they have to ring somebody the second the 'plane lands?

Let my people use landlines!

3:00 PM  
Blogger CluckyRN said...

I.
STILL.
HAVE.
NOT.
SEEN.
QUANTUM,
OF.
SOLACE.

I.
AM.
NOT.
HAPPY.
~>:<

5:50 PM  
Blogger linda said...

I wonder if I can get a pirate copy of it whilst I am in hospital... Daniel Craig is out here - I wonder if he would vist me in hospital.

White jeans and a black shirt. Well, only DC could carry that outfit off.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Supermom said...

Don't even get me started on rude movie theater habits....

7:05 AM  
Blogger From the Doghouse said...

I got thrown out of the theater for bringing my own food. My reasoning was that their prices were outrageous - and besides, I hadn't had a barbecue in a long time.

(Thank you Steven Wright)

7:17 AM  
Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

Hee hee!

Obviously Cow needs to ship Linda a copy of Quantum to soothe her recuperation....

Moo!

10:37 AM  
Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

Watercolor: Must see. Now!

Daisy: It worked. Cow's attention was definitely...downward.

Gorilla: Cow is also a sucker for
Congo accents. Moo!

Kevin: Cow fails to understand it either, except, maybe, their parents paid for the movie to get them out of the house?

Clucky: You. Must. Go.

Supermom: You need to crush them with your superpowers.

Doghouse: Ah. So that was you sitting next to me slurping?

Moo!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home