Monday, June 09, 2008

Agendas

Cow went to see "You Don't Mess With the Zohan."

Cow wonders when:

-Arab terrorists building bombs became likeable buffoons
-All white Americans became criminals/racists and bad guys
-All immigrants became good guys just trying to make a living
-Anybody against entire cities being populated by immigrants became a bad guy
-Israeli accents and hummus became funny
-Cruelty to cats became funny
-Cruelty to cows became funny
-Hezbollah became funny

Cow has to admit Sandler is so talented he can almost carry this off. Apparently, being a big star, Sandler's agenda is to humanize US middle-eastern immigrants even when they are solving their problems the way they did in the old country: by making bombs.

Cow is just amazed not only that this movie could be made, but that the reviews she's seen totally disregard the blatant message and sterotypes in this film and just review it as a comedy.

Moo!

7 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Hmmm... Interesting movie review. This movie, just from the previews, is not one on my list to see.

There are a plethora of movies which I find extremely hard to watch. You have to wonder, Who put their $$$ behind these scripts and are they making their money back??

9:13 AM  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

I'd never heard of the movie, and as it has met with your disapproval I won't bother seeing it. Adam Sandler got his biggest laugh from me when he rode a golf club like a rodeo bull in Happy Gilmore. I can't see him topping that.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Kevin Musgrove said...

Adam Sandler's up there with Robin Williams in my fingernails-on-a-blackboard list.

1:21 PM  
Blogger From the Doghouse said...

Sounds like I don't need to see it. Thanks for the review.

2:37 PM  
Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

Christy: Cow wonders this too.

GB: Cow liked Happy Gilmore too, but this moovie did not measure up.

Kevin: Cow should have double-checked with you before wasting her moo-lah.

Doghouse: You're welcome.

Moo!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Webmaster said...

I absolutely agree with Kevin, on Sandler. That's the sort of stupid-funny I've never been a fan of. Thanks for the warnin— er, I mean, review.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Baba Doodlius said...

So far all I have heard about this movie is how much ass it sucked. I'm thinking I'll skip it. Thanks for the review!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home